Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Parvati

For a long time now, I have been looking at the film-still from Devdas and dying to create a doll inspired by Parvati played by the beautiful Aishwarya Rai.

Parvati is dressed in a classic Bengali style: a peacock-blue sari embellished in jewel tones. Her hands and feet are painted in alta, a very traditional adornment used by the women of Bengal. Her ornaments include necklaces, bangles, earrings, anklets, ring and tiara.


To read the story of Devdas, visit:
http://devdas.indiatimes.com/story.htm

2 comments:

Suzanne Dargie said...

Aishwarya Rai is SO beautiful. I have a couple of Barbies that I made sarees for, but nothing as beautiful as your doll! I'll have to post them on my blog. I still haven't seen Devdas yet.

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

I know! She's gorgeous! :D

Can't wait to see your Barbie, Suzanne! I have recently bought one of the flexible armed ones, and waiting for school to be over so that I can start costuming it! :)